Extreme Foundations & Basements
An Extreme’s SIP foundation system is ideal for anyone who wishes to have a solid, quiet and warm floor system. Installing Extreme SIP foundation systems serves as the structural framing, insulation, and air barrier, all combined into one product. SIP floors go down fast and easy…. put your beams down, lay the foundation panels and you are ready to start building your walls.
Do you want a basement that is warm, dry and free of musty smells? Use a permanent wood foundation from Extreme Panel. Extreme’s Foundation SIPs are specifically engineered for below grade uses with a FDN treated plywood.
Extreme’s SIP Foundations have numerous advantages over traditional concrete foundations:
- Can be used on concrete or granular (pea-rock) footings
- High R-value = 32
- Fast installation time, 4′ o.c. engineered glu-lam posts installed in panel and no concrete to cure
- Higher strength and efficiency than conventional construction methods
- Interior of SIP walls are easier to finish
- 8′, 9′, & 10′ tall walls – 8 5/8″ total thickness
- Dry and Warm- no musty damp smell
- Engineered specs
- Healthier indoor environment – resists mold
- Foundation will not crack which means its structural integrity will always be maintained
Experience a better way to build.
What we build
products with value
Foundation SIP Sizes - R-Values
Insulation is one of the key components of any energy-efficient home or commercial building. With heating and cooling accounting for 50 percent of energy use in the average home, good insulation saves thousands of dollars in utility bills over the life of a home.
Insulation is rated by R-value, which measures a material’s thermal resistance. An insulating material with a higher R-value forms a more effective thermal barrier between the outside temperature and the conditioned space inside the home. Research funded by the U.S. Department of Energy confirms that SIP walls provide more R-value than same-sized stud walls.
|Foundation Type||Foundation SIP Sizes W'xH'||Extreme SIP R-Value @ 25° per Thickness||Extreme SIP R-Value @ 40° per Thickness|
|Basement Walls||4'x8'||8 5/8" - R-value = 33||8 5/8" - R-value = 32|
|Basement Walls||4'x9'||8 5/8" - R-value = 33||8 5/8" - R-value = 32|
|Basement Walls||4'x10'||8 5/8" - R-value = 33||8 5/8" - R-value = 32|
|Crawl Space||8'x4' OR 4'x4'||8 5/8" - R-value = 33||8 5/8" - R-value = 32|
|House / Garage Frost Footings||8'x4' OR 4'x4'||8 5/8" - R-value = 33||8 5/8" - R-value = 32|
|Garage Frost Footings||8'x4'||6 7/8" - R-value = 26||6 7/8" - R-value = 25|
|Large Building Frost Footings||4'x4'||8 5/8" - R-value = 33||8 5/8" - R-value = 32|
|Steel Structure Frost Footings||8'x4'||6 7/8" - R-value = 26||6 7/8" - R-value = 25|
Foundation Spec Sheets
Our Foundation Spec Sheets provide the technical information you need for designing a foundation structure with Extreme SIP foundation products.
- 4′ EXTREME FOUNDATION PANELS for House Crawl Space on Concrete Footings
- 4′ EXTREME FOUNDATION PANELS for House Crawl Space on Granular Footings
- 4′ EXTREME FOUNDATION PANELS for Garages on Concrete Footings
- 4′ EXTREME FOUNDATION PANELS for Garages on Granular Footings
- 8′ EXTREME BASEMENT PANELS on Concrete Footings
- 8′ EXTREME BASEMENT PANELS on Granular Footings
- 10′ EXTREME BASEMENT PANELS on Concrete Footings
- 10′ EXTREME BASEMENT PANELS on Granular Footings